Sunday 23 June 2013

Staycation at Venue Hotel




Hello guys, I just had my staycation at Venue Hotel and it was the best staycation I've had. I wouldn't have expected such great satisfaction from a boutique hotel like this. I generally do not have great impressions about hotels that were built as shophouses initially but this one changed me totally. 

I took the premiere room which was really unique cause they have a bathtub right smack in front of your bed. Being a great fan of bathtubs I wouldn't let this chance slip out of my hands right? Where else can you find a hotel room in Singapore with a bathtub for only $150? Oh right, a night's stay in their premiere room only cost $150. Probably the most well spent $150 for a hotel room ever.


The first thing that impressed me was the lobby. Just look at the exquisite design of their lobby, looks nothing like a budget hotel at all. I didn't really believe the pictures I saw from their official website and agoda.com but the entire design just overwhelms me. To top it off, the front desk staff were really nice and always had a smile on their faces.


Here's a picture of the awesome bathtub I mentioned! I guess this hotel is meant for couples and not friends because there's isn't much privacy especially when you have to bathe in the bathtub right in front of the bed. But fret not, there's also a standing shower in the toilet.

One thing that puzzled me was the translucent sticker on the toilet's glass doors. It was in such a weird shape and it doesn't provide any privacy at all. I'd rather they put it completely or remove it. I was shitting on the toilet and I realised that you can actually look through the door pretty easily cause it isn't completely covered. I would rather they remove the sticker and let me watch tv while I shit.


This is how the toilet looks like from the outside. 


Toilet amenities are pretty decent and I was actually scared they didn't provide toothbrushes. I'm glad they did and I love their design so much. In fact I like anything that's black and white and simple. 

Not only is the hotel room awesome, the location is awesome as well. It's situated in Joo Chiat Road, somewhere I've never actually been to in my life. Had a great time exploring the neighborhood and uncovering the secret food places. Highly recommended for a staycation right in the heart of Singapore for poor chaps like me who can't afford to go overseas! 

Did I mention that Old Airport Road is just a few stops away? We stopped over for some brunch as well and the Lor Mee was just plain awesomeness. 





Can't wait for our next overseas trip together with my beloved Petrine! ♥

2 comments:

  1. A good hotel stay is when you feel like you never need to call the front desk for anything. They have everything you already need ready for you.

    Hotel Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos here are broken. Would you mind fixing them?

    ReplyDelete